Phononic, a global sustainable cooling and heating service provider, announced that it will soon be launching its comprehensive solution for active, portable cooling and freezing of perishable goods; an Actively-Cooled Tote.
Ultra light-weight and portable, the product will be available in refrigerator and freezer versions with ultra-low, non-toxic and non-inflammable GWP refrigerants. It is equipped with a wireless contact charging facility and consumes the least amount of power possible. The new Tote is regarded to be a comprehensive solution that will allow for labour savings as well as strong ROI across the entire Cold Chain Fulfillment Ecosystem.
“Across industries, our solid-state solutions are delivering cold chain performance and sustainability that compressor-based systems or other thermoelectric approaches simply cannot match,” said Dana Krug, Phononic SVP, Cold Chain Fulfillment. “Our Phononic tote technology and platform for grocery retail not only provides for the highest quality of perishable foods, but it also avoids the use of toxic, high GWP-refrigerants that warm the earth. That kind of positive environmental impact will be critical for climate control as this sector scales globally – and we know that our customers are focused on it.”
Phononic is a Durham-based tech innovator in providing heating and cooling services across the world. It vanguards a solid-state innovation which “harnesses the thermoelectric power of phonons to revolutionize how the world cools and heats”. It has been known for the all-new solid-state chip, which is “smaller, quieter, sustainable and more reliable than any other cooling technology” on the planet. It’s upending a century of antiquated compressor technology and traditional methods of refrigeration.
Phononic’s active cooling technology and platform offers:
- Strong ROI: Reduces cost by eliminating the need for tri-temp storage capital expense, in both fixed and mobile implementations. It also reduces fulfilment complexity and labour cost.
- Real-time insights: The totes use wireless contact charging and are WiFi and IoT ready, offering real-time insight into the cold chain automation process, leading to an increase in operational efficiencies.
- Versatility: One common solution solves multiple use cases: Storage; Pick-and-pack (Manual, Semi-Automated); Curbside pickup; Delivery and Unassisted delivery; Hub and Spoke.
- Flexibility to scale: Increases the flexibility to scale with operational needs. Kick off with one container or grow to 3000+ in a site without cooling rooms, freezer warehouses or tri-temp trucks.
- Demand-based energy savings: Cool or freeze only the number of customer orders needed based on demand, rather than an entire cooler, warehouse or transport truck.
- Improved customer experience: Strengthens customer loyalty by ensuring order freshness and a positive experience with ever-evolving e-commerce platforms.
The ongoing pandemic has pushed the cold chain service providers, right up to the last-mile delivery, to improve and enhance their markets as well as service quality. As a result, the company has been witnessing breakthrough technologies appear almost out of thin air. Scientific minds around the world have been hard-pressed for results that would help humanity escape the grip of the deadly virus.